Wednesday 3 September 2014

slavery.

Slavery is alive and well. Sad story. But true. It's in a different form and lives under the radar but it's there... ever present... and you're probably victim to it.

I'm not talking shackles and chains type of slavery. I'm talking a about modern day version with an arguably broader reach. I'm talking about the slavery within the system.


I'm talking about the system that gets the fresh and the young in debt as quickly as possible, leaving them in sometimes impossible situations for the rest of their lives.

I'm talking about the scenarios where a student, with no current job prospects... because they're a student... gets given a platinum credit card when they open their student bank account. The same system that counts on this student borrowing and re-borrowing in a fruitless attempt to dig themselves out of trouble.

I'm talking about a system that makes money off of people not having any money by charging them and punishing them when they get into trouble.

I'm talking about a system that makes slaves of its customers and is at the root of most peoples problems, family fights, depression... sometimes even death.

They know what they're doing and why they're doing it. Sometimes it surprises me how much we still fall for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment